This is my attempt to collect and catalog useful resources for Metroid hacking. If anyone wants to make an addition, feel free to tell me in the comments. For the most part, I’m trying to keep this list Metroid-specific.
- Metroid Construction: Hacking news, discussion, wiki, and tools for virtually every 2D Metroid game.
- romhacking.net: Hacking news, discussion, and tools for all games and consoles
- Editroid: Level editor
- Metroid Tuner: Music dumper/inserter
- MetEdit: Level editor
Note that these patches may not work with an expanded ROM without modification. Additional patches are available on the Metroid Construction wiki.
- Wavy Ice – Allows combination of wave- and ice-beam
- Wall Jump – Allows Super-Metroid-style wall jumping
- Minimap – Adds a very basic corner map
- MDbtroid – Graphical upgrade with some nice additions (very nice additions if you use the included LUA script in FCEU)
- zophar.net (multiple), and more
- romhacking.net (multiple)