Version 3.7 of Editroid is available. You can get it at Romhacking.net’s page for Editroid. Version 3.7 adds support for multiple ASM files to manage more complex ASM hacks.
- Support for multiple ASM files.
- Option to cycle CHR (graphics) to display different background animation frames in the editor.
- Editor now identifies “door bubble tiles” in the structure editor and highlights them in blue when “display physics” is enabled.
- “Test room” files are now saved in application data folder instead of temporary files so Editroid can clean up emulator-generated files.
- “Test room” feature can now use a custom command instead of running the default emulator associated with NES ROMs
- Editor settings are no longer stored in the registry
- Disabled DPI scaling. (Interface was not designed with DPI scaling in mind. Proper high DPI scaling is a goal for future versions.)
- Updated assembler to newer version to fix some bugs.
- If the last screen in a level is completely empty, the screen no longer becomes corrupted upon saving and loading, and the assembler no longer returns an error stating there is not enough free memory.
- 16-block-wide structures are no longer corrupted upon saving and loading
- Editor no longer crashes when you edit an item in-screen, then add items to the same screen using the advanced item editor, and then try to select the new items in-screen
- Removed buggy tile re-arranger from menu (can still be accessed by holding shift when opening tools menu)
- “Create project” option is no longer available for unexpanded ROMs (projects were never intended to work with unexpanded ROMs)
- When a file is modified outside the editor and reloaded, the window caption is now properly updated if the reloaded ROM is a different format (“standard”/”expanded”)